The Purchasing Agent will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Purchase goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluate vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume, cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts.
- Ensures purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and vendor records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- At least two years of purchasing experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all facility areas to determine purchasing needs.
- May require travel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status, sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.Apply Now