Alumni Spotlight: Isabel Sanchez de Nunez, Owner of Sanu Day Spa
Alumni spotlight on Isabel Sanchez de Nunez! We caught up with her after she recently opened her own studio Sanu Day Spa! Learn her thoughts on this accomplishment and the knowledge she gained from her instructors that sticks with her to this day.
- What specialty(s) did you study during your time at CV? Esthetics.
- What year did you graduate? 2017.
- What are you doing now? I’m working as an esthetician in my own studio in the Bronx. I’m also preparing myself for future projects – I want to offer seminars about skin care treatments for new estheticians, and I continue learning about skin care – studying, reading and always investigating what is new in esthetics.
- What was your journey like to get to your current role? It hasn’t been easy, but everything is possible when you dream it and work hard for it. You need preparation, discipline and love for what you do. You need to be patient and don’t force things. First, I started working in different spas, I learned from my mistakes and I’m always trying to improve my techniques. I’m also looking for ways to improve the services I’m offering, to catapult me from being an esthetician to being an exceptional esthetician.
- What was your favorite part about your time as a CV student? There are a lot of things I could mention: the classes, my friends, my teachers which were the best. Every teacher was different, but I learned a lot from them. I had so much fun, but time flies and then we finished classes and there is when the hard work started. But if I have to mention only one thing, my favorite part was when I started practicing facials. I was super excited about it.
- What is something you learned during your time at CV that has stuck with you today? This is a very hard question because I learned a lot at CV: skin care, professionalism, discipline… every teacher gave us something different – Unique, this has really helped me. But I think professionalism is one thing that has been with me since I was at the school, during my time as an employee, and now that I’m a business owner. I’m also trying to instill this to my employees as well
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering a beauty education? My advice is: prepared yourself as a professional: studying and getting an education, be discipline and lift each other up as estheticians but more importantly as professionals.
- Do you have any wise words for students who are about to graduate and look for their first professional job in the industry? Practice, continue educating yourself, and practice again as much as you can! There are very good estheticians out there, this industry is very competitive and there are very good places waiting to hire us, but the more prepared you are, the more chances you have to work in a good place.
- What CV product is always in your inventory or on your shelf? Why? My favorite facial from CV is the Orange Brightening Facial, starting from that, I always have all the products of this protocol in my place. Besides that, I love Lotion X and the Astringent but my favorite is the Vitamin C Exfoliating Mask.
Our ultimate goal is to provide our students with a strong foundation upon which to grow a flourishing career. Marina Valmy, our leader, calls this a “root system,” and it’s why our success as educators is embodied by the successes of our alumni. To celebrate this, we feature the achievements of our fabulous graduates in our Alumni Spotlight series. Each Spotlight showcases an interview with a Christine Valmy graduate about their educational and professional journeys.
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.
Some of the links on this page refer to sources outside of our website. The responsibility for the content of linked URLs is solely that of the owners of the linked pages.