The Spa Industry’s Record-Breaking Year
In the last decade, the Spa Industry has been thriving. According to the 2019 Spa Industry Study, conducted by ISPA and PWC, the Spa Industry saw an increase across all key performance metrics for the ninth year in a row. In 2018, the industry once again set records in total revenue, spa visits, spa locations, revenue per visit and total employees.
Some key takeaways from this study are:
- Spa revenues increased by 4.7 percent, growing from $17.5 billion in 2017 to $18.3 billion in 2018
- Spa visits reached 190 million, a 1.6 percent increase
- The number of spa locations rose to 22,160 in 2018 from 21,770 in 2017
- Revenue per visit grew to $96.50, a 3 percent increase from 2017
- The average revenue per spa establishment reached the highest its been since 2001, reaching a record $826,000
With the industry on the rise, the total number of employees expanded to 377,900 as of May 2019. There has never been a better time to get a quality education and open the door to new opportunities within the field of beauty. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for this promising industry.
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.
Some of the links on this page refer to sources outside of our website. The responsibility for the content of linked URLs is solely that of the owners of the linked pages.