Career Services person supports and manages the NJ school career services as it assists all students and alumni in the development of career education, career identification and search, and pursuit of employment opportunities commensurate with formal academic pursuits.
- Exit interview Sessions (Prepare packets in advance to include overtime charge estimation, current ledger balance, and FA exits from FA advisor) avg groups lately are 35-40 impending grads
- Send an email to upcoming grads to schedule an exit session to receive data on students preparing to exit in a specific month from Student Services office
- Send Grad Survey using Adobe and file when returned (surveys binder)
- Diploma requests & complete diplomas
- Review files to ensure all documents are inside for licensure, SP & SR are completed to avoid delays at the State Board
- Follow up with students to send temp license & licensure packets to the State Board
- Fostering positive relationships between school and graduates/professionals in the field
- Help students who need placement assistance with resume writing and sending resumes to trusted employers for interviews
- Follow up and print Prometric scores, counsel those who are not passing with any study guide assistance, and timely retake their exam
- Send an email to upcoming grads to schedule an exit session to receive data on students preparing to exit in the specific month from Student Services office
- Assist NY graduate students transferring to NJ to apply for NJ license (Paper Reg $5 Money order, NJ transcripts, Prometric, Temporary Permit Licensure)
- Take job orders from employers and call qualified graduates to fill the position/post on board
- Assist Workforce students with placement in a timely fashion to receive payment & process paperwork
- Check-in with graduates monthly to check the status of employment/offer assistance (text/email)
- Verify employment through email/fax by employer/student (backup documentation)
- Enter licensure & placement info into FAME
- File paperwork in the assigned binder
- Maintain appropriate COE CPL data 60/70/70
- Send job blasts to students via email
- Upload job apps into the online job board/assist salon owners with how to upload their jobs & approve
- Field contact with salons & spas to post jobs
- Maintain school job board
- Career fairs (online or in person) to boost graduate performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Thorough understanding of and commitment to the goals and responsibilities of the career services concept. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Effective organizational and management skills. Must have good people skills and be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with students and the general public. Bilingual English/ Spanish is a plus.
COVID-19 considerations: Employees must be vaccinated.
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life/AD&D and LTD
Full-Time | In-person
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status, sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.Apply Now