ATTENTION: Christine Valmy’s COVID-19 guidelines comply with requirements for schools and New York CDC guidance.
Note: COVID-19 regulations are fluid and subject to change.
Schools: The CDC recommends that schools continue to use the COVID-19 prevention strategies for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic school year at least.
Businesses: The current guidelines in place require six (6) feet of social distancing and masks for all individuals, including employees and/or patrons. To enter the school, a COVID-19 Vaccination or Excelsior Card, or COVID-19 negative test result must be presented.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you must present your vaccination card or Excelsior App to reception to be admitted into the school. Your second vaccine must have been received 14 days prior to your first day in the school.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are required to present a negative COVID-19 test weekly to reception to be admitted into the school.
- If you only received a partial vaccine (1 of 2 shots), you still need to present a negative COVID-19 test (see #1 and #2).
- If you do not bring your test results or vaccination card, you will not be admitted into the school.
If you had COVID-19, you can return to school once the following are met:
- 10 days from the start of the symptoms,
- AND fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication,
- AND symptoms have improved,
- AND your healthcare provider gives you clearance, which you should bring with you upon your return to school.
Other Safety Measures:
- Our school is being sanitized and disinfected throughout the day with proper EPA disinfectant. We have a building ventilation system and air purification in place 24/7.
- We are providing masks, face shields, sanitizer, and gloves. Their use is mandatory throughout the day.
- Students are provided color-coordinated bracelets to distinguish between the different classes that are on location. Students are required to stay with their class and avoid mingling with other students. Social distancing is required at all times.
- Each class uses a predetermined bathroom. Lunchtimes are staggered. No locker room is available at this time.