Alumni Spotlight: Veronika Kontos, Owner of VMBeauty Skincare
At Christine Valmy, our ultimate goal is to provide our students with a strong foundation upon which to grow a flourishing career. Marina Valmy, our leader, calls this a “root system,” and it’s why our success as educators is embodied by the successes of our alumni.
To celebrate this, we will be featuring the achievements of our fabulous Christine Valmy graduates in a series called Alumni Spotlights. Each Spotlight showcases an interview with a Christine Valmy graduate about their educational and professional journeys. This week we’re featuring Veronika Kontos, Esthetics alum and owner of VMBeauty Skincare.
- What specialty(s) did you study during your time at CV? I studied Esthetics.
- What year did you graduate? I graduated in 2018.
- What are you doing now? I’m a licensed Esthetician with multiple certifications.
- What was your journey like to get to your current role? My journey to get a job as an esthetician wasn’t very difficult.
- What was your favorite part about your time as a CV student? My favorite part about being a CV student was getting to practicing facials on my classmates. Then, we started performing treatments on real clients – where I learned the most!
- What is something you learned during your time at CV that has stuck with you today? What I learned that stuck with me until today is how to be professional, yet warm and friendly at the same time. I also learned to always keep my workplace clean and good-looking, and of course, clients happy!
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering a beauty education? My advice to future estheticians is that you should go for it if you have a passion and love for the aesthetics industry! This could be your path to start, it is a very interesting job and industry to work in.
- Do you have any wise words for students who are about to graduate and look for their first professional job in the industry? For current students, it is very important to keep a positive mindset and have patience with your work and clients. Always remember to care for yourself and your business, and keep up with new trends in the industry.
- What CV product is always in your inventory or on your shelf? Why? For my work, I often use the Vegetal Peeling Mask for exfoliations. I personally own a few masks for different types of skin conditions and always have 5.5 pH Toner and Ecran!
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.