Alumni Spotlight: Tanisha Lawrence, LAW Beauty Essentials Founder
Our Alumni Spotlight series showcases interviews with Christine Valmy graduates about their educational and professional journeys. Here’s our chat with Tanisha Lawrence, Nail Specialty alum and owner of LAW Beauty Essentials!
- What specialty(s) did you study during your time at CV? While at Christine Valmy, I studied Nail Specialty.
- What year did you graduate? 2016.
- What are you doing now? I am currently retailing my own line of nail polishes! I do pop-ups and simple manicures.
- What was your journey like to get to your current role? My journey had its ups and downs. In the beginning, I felt I was not very good at nails, but I slowly came to the realization that I did not have to master all of the different nail techniques there are to offer. I can practice them, but I can also offer only what I feel comfortable doing. I do not do nails full-time but I plan to open a nail salon in the future.
- What was your favorite part about your time as a CV student? My favorite part about my time as a CV student was the other students! Years later I am still connected with many of them. Everyone in my class was very supportive of my line. I was even invited back to meet other students and talk about my successes after graduating.
- What is something you learned during your time at CV that has stuck with you today? Even the best artist started somewhere! Many of the other students were more advanced than me, but they all told me it is all about practice.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering a beauty education? I would recommend CV first and foremost. Stay connected with your teachers and take full advantage of the job placement opportunities! Secondly, being certified is very important so go for it!
- Do you have any wise words for students who are about to graduate and look for their first professional job in the industry? I would say to sell yourself with confidence. Everyone started somewhere, do not let your graduation date determine your skills, you are good at what you do!
- What CV product is always in your inventory or on your shelf? Why? My CV lotion! Because I wash my hands regularly, and it doesn’t leave the feeling of residue on my hands.
- What is your favorite beauty/skin care trend right now? Minimal design nails. It’s super trendy, cute and easy to do!
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.