Alumni Spotlight: Olga Familia, Co-Owner of Blossom Studio Spa & Training Center LLC
Alumni Spotlight is back, featuring Esthetics grad, Olga Familia! As a former student and Esthetic Instructor at Christine Valmy, Olga understands the value of education and how it can open doors leading to exciting new opportunities. During her time as a student at CV, the instructors’ passion for the industry was infectious, and the care they showed in their teachings played a large part in expanding her skincare knowledge and fueling her desire to become an esthetics educator. Her love for beauty and her esthetics skills grew, culminating in her decision to partner with her nieces to open their dream beauty spa, Blossom Studio Spa & Training Center LLC! Now, every day, she gets to wake up and work at a job she loves because she put in the hard work needed to follow her passion. She hopes that her story can inspire others to do the same!
- What specialty(s) did you study during your time at CV? I studied esthetics at CV.
- What year did you graduate? I graduated in 2016.
- What are you doing now? In June 2022, I partnered with my nieces to open my dream spa: Blossom Studio Spa & Training Center LLC in Cranston, Rhode Island. I offer services such as facials, micro-needling, derma-planning, and much more. I also offer seminars to graduate students.
- What was your journey like to get to your current role? I started my journey working in a day spa. Then, I moved to a dermatology office. After receiving my esthetics instructor license, I started working as an esthetic instructor at CV.
- What was your favorite part about your time as a CV student? My favorite part was the hands-on training and being able to do facials for my family and friends. Also, the instructors were passionate about teaching students and making sure they understood what they were learning.
- What is something you learned during your time at CV that has stuck with you today? I learned that you can choose to do what you love in this field and take that passion to the next level.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering a beauty education? My advice is to follow your passions, always work to be a better you, and to continue your education journey. The more you know, the more you grow.
- Do you have any wise words for students who are about to graduate and look for their first professional job in the industry? It is very important to keep a positive mindset. This journey has ups and downs, but be consistent, confident and always keep learning to be successful, because this industry is growing so fast. The more trainings your take more prepared you are.
Our ultimate goal is to provide our students with a strong foundation upon which to grow a flourishing career. Marina Valmy, our leader, calls this a “root system,” and it’s why our success as educators is embodied by the successes of our alumni. To celebrate this, we feature the achievements of our fabulous graduates in our Alumni Spotlight series. Each Spotlight showcases an interview with a Christine Valmy graduate about their educational and professional journeys.
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.