Alumni Spotlight: Francesca Hahn-Galioto, Licensed Skincare Specialist
Alumni Spotlight on Skin Care grad, Francesca Hahn-Galioto! She considered CV her “happy place,” where she connected with instructors and formed lasting friendships with classmates. Since graduating in 2019, Francesca has worked hard to gain experience and is now working as a solo esthetician out of her own treatment room! She shares her insights, including the importance of continuous learning and helping others in the industry.
- What specialty(s) did you study during your time at CV? I studied Skin Care at CV.
- What year did you graduate? I graduated in September of 2019.
- What are you doing now? I’m working as a solo esthetician as of one month ago
- What was your journey like to get to your current role? My journey has been bumpy. COVID provided its own obstacles but mostly, it took time to find where I belonged. I’ve worked for franchises and private salons and didn’t feel my work was appreciated, which led me to working on my own.
- What was your favorite part about your time as a CV student? I was going through a lot during my time at CV. I had just become a single mom and put my kids in daycare for the first time. I was struggling emotionally, financially, and mentally, but CV was my happy place. It became my escape from all of that. I made connections with my instructors and my classmates, many of whom I still keep in touch with today. We all came together from so many different backgrounds and I honestly gained so much from all of them. So, looking back now, my favorite part was definitely the people I met.
- What is something you learned during your time at CV that has stuck with you today? To always cultivate relationships within the industry and be a good person. Being successful doesn’t equate to bringing others down or making them look bad. There’s success for all of us out here and supporting each other is a better way to achieve that than being cutthroat. Not once in school did I encounter someone unwilling to share knowledge with me and never have I ever encountered a CV graduate unwilling to either.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering a beauty education? A wise instructor once told us to take our feelings and drama out of it. So in sticking with that, know that it’s going to be stressful at times, hard a lot of the time, and challenging often, but keep your emotions in check and your focus strong. Never forget why you started and where you’re trying to go. It will help drive you during the times you need a little extra boost.
- Do you have any wise words for students who are about to graduate and look for their first professional job in the industry? Always look to expand your knowledge. Learn different product lines, learn different techniques, ask all the questions. Never stop learning. You’ll find there are people who don’t want to share their knowledge with you because they don’t want you to do better than them, and that’s fine because they’re not your people. There are people in the industry who would love nothing more than to help you and those people are for you. I promise you they’re out there. Also, don’t be loyal to a job/company/employer over yourself. Make sure you and your well-being are number one always. Don’t be afraid to leave somewhere that isn’t helping you grow as a person and develop your skills as a professional.
- What CV product is always in your inventory or on your shelf? Why? Lotion X always! Nothing melts impactions like Lotion X. I do have the Lotion X Bubble Mask that I love for larger areas too.
Our ultimate goal is to provide our students with a strong foundation upon which to grow a flourishing career. Marina Valmy, our leader, calls this a “root system,” and it’s why our success as educators is embodied by the successes of our alumni. To celebrate this, we feature the achievements of our fabulous graduates in our Alumni Spotlight series. Each Spotlight showcases an interview with a Christine Valmy graduate about their educational and professional journeys.
As part of our educational philosophy, we aim to provide thought leadership on topics relevant to industry professionals and those with a passion for beauty. Click here to visit our Educated Insights homepage to learn trends, tutorials, industry news, and tips for at-home care and spa treatments.